Check our new article entitled “EULAR recommendations for the non-pharmacological management of systemic lupus erythematosus and systemic sclerosis” in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
What is already known about this subject?
- Non-pharmacological management of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and systemic sclerosis (SSc) is helpful but unstandardised and often underused in current clinical practice.
What does this study add?
- We developed recommendations to provide guidance for non-pharmacological management of people living with SLE and SSc.
- In this work, we present evidence to support common and disease-specific non-pharmacological interventions for SLE and SSc.
- We generated a research agenda as well as an educational agenda to support non-pharmacological management of people with SLE and SSc.
How might this impact on clinical practice?
- These recommendations will provide guidance on non-pharmacological interventions in the management of SLE and SSc in clinical practice and promote their use alongside pharmacotherapy to improve the overall quality of care.